Auditing Standard ISO 19011:2018 Published
The ISO 19011 Standard has been technically revised and now replaces the 2011 edition.
The main differences as compared to the 2011 edition are …
– addition of the risk-based approach to the principles of auditing;
– expansion of the guidance on managing an audit programme, including audit programme risk;
– expansion of the guidance on conducting an audit, particularly the section on audit planning;
– expansion of the generic competence requirements for auditors;
– adjustment of terminology to reflect the process and not the object;
– removal of the annex containing competence requirements for auditing specific management system disciplines (for many years now the final arbiter of auditor competence has been the certification body, see ISO 17021);
– expansion of guidance on auditing concepts such as context of the organization, leadership and commitment, virtual audits, compliance and supply chain.